About Law and Lawyers
Law and Lawyers is open access, peer-reviewed and refereed journal provide dedicated to express views on topical legal issues, thereby generating a cross current of ideas on emerging matters.
This platform shall also ignite the initiative and desire of young law students to contribute to the field of law. The erudite response of legal luminaries shall be solicited to enable readers to explore challenges that lie before lawmakers, lawyers and the society at large, in the event of the ever-changing social, economic and technological scenario.
About the Competition
Law and Lawyers is organizing National Virtual Debate Competition through online platforms, keeping in mind the COVID-19 pandemic. The topic of the competition is also relevant to the current conditions, which is as follows:
Corona a Pandemic or Politics ?
कोरोना एक महामारी या राजनीति ?
Students of Universities/Colleges/School are invited to participate.
This is an online Hindi debate competition. The medium for the debate shall be Hindi. Hence, the participants can’t use either language, must stick to one language and not switch between them.
Prizes up for Winning Team, Runners’ Up
Prize pool to be announced shortly.
Rules and Regulations
1. Speaking Time is 3 minutes. On exceeding the time limit, marks may be deducted or the entry may be disqualified.
2. All speakers will have to debate live through an online video meeting in the Pre-Rounds. Each speaker shall keep their cameras and microphones on throughout the round, especially when he/she is speaking. Further, each participant, once has joined the meeting, shall keep their cameras on throughout the round.
Note:- There is no rebuttals in Pre rounds
3. The decision of the judges and the organizing committee will be final and binding.
4. E-Certificate of participation will be provided to all the participants on the email ID given at the time of registration.
5. Top 5 speakers shall be selected based on scores provided by judges. The top five speakers will have to debate live through an online video meeting in the final round. The topic for the final round will be provided at least 2 days earlier.
6. Speaking Time is 3 minutes & 1 minutes for rebuttals in Final Round
7. Each speaker shall keep their cameras and microphones on throughout the Final Round, especially when he/she is speaking (including the rebuttals). Further, each participant, once has joined the meeting, shall keep their cameras on throughout the round.
Last Date of Registration: 7th June 2021
Pre-Rounds: 9th June 2021
Results of Pre-Rounds: 10 June 2021
Topic provide for the final round 11th June 2021
Final Round 13th June 2021
Final Result: 14th June 2021
Participants have to submit a registration fee of Rs 50/-, through Google Pay or Paytm on:- 8871664244A screenshot of the payment must be attached with the google form.
Deadline for registration: 11:59 PM, 7th June 2021Registration link https://forms.gle/J4gme1U3crBSd7SK8
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sumit Panchal 7869654244
Ashish Tiwari 7999850982
Aish Goyal 9691669090