Internship Opportunity at National Human Rights Commission
Last date: 31 January, 2021 (11:59PM)
ONLINE SHORT-TERM INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (15 Days) FROM February 12th -26th, 2021
The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to
promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of
Human Rights Act, 1993. With a view to spread awareness among University students
about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has
been regularly conducting Internship Programmes’ since 1998
Eligibility and selection criteria will be as follows:-
(i) Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of any integrated 5 year PG
(ii) Students studying in 3rd / final year of graduation course.
(iii) Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate degree course.
(iv) Students of any semester/ year of any post-graduate diploma course.
(v) Students who are research scholars in any stream.
A 250 words write-up on the topic “ Statement of Purpose (SoP) for joining NHRC Online Short Term Internship” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application form online which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (to be indicated in the write-up).
Brief Course Structure of Online Short Term
- About 60 sessions on various human rights issues are proposed to be covered to
- sensitize the interns. The OSTI- February 2021 will include following inputs:
- Address/Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson / Members of NHRC and other
- Project work on Human Right issues.
- Book Review to be submitted by the students
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Anti Trafficking,
Health including mental health and Education issues and discussions.
- Virtual Field Visit.
- Virtual visit to Jail.
- Virtual field visit to Police Station.
- Virtual field visit to NGO.
The last date for submission of the application is 31 January, 2021 (11:59PM).
The ‘Application Form’ for Short Term Internship Programme 2021 is available at link
‘Online Short Term Internship’. Application are to be submitted Online using link
Online Short Term Internship available at NHRC’s website https://nhrc.nic.in
• The Final List of Selected Interns will be displayed on NHRC website.
• Students must have consistently attained a minimum of 65% marks in Class XII
and all subsequent courses including the presently pursued courses. The calculated
percentage has to be mentioned clearly from their CGPA/SGPA alongwith the formula
for percentage obtained. Failure to do either of it so would result in rejection of application form.
• Co-curricular activities, internships, moot court participation, successful
research projects undertaken; work/projects with NGOs are the few illustrated criteria for enhancing the chances of selection.
• For any details, you may please contact at Ph: 011–24663283, 24663371 (between
10.00 am to 5.30 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday)